Thursday, January 5, 2012

A New Year...

So I'm not exactly sure how I feel about New Year's Resolutions...if I'm honest, I'm daunted by them because I'm afraid I won't be able to achieve them. If I'm also honest, I'm daunted by them before I even have gotten to their creation...what if I don't think of the right one? what if I think of one that's too hard? do I actually have to tell people? How do I create the perfect blend of achievable yet challenging...if life ultimately isn't about striving, do I really need to create a list of resolutions at all?

Then I think about the theme of this past year--doing the fearless thing. Scorning fear of "getting it right"...of not making mistakes...of overthinking...and feeling the freedom to just choose an option-- knowing there are hundreds of other options I *could* choose, but none of them will actually be perfect- and trying to be at peace with that reality. Choosing to decide and act simply because those actions alone challenge me to move more confidently in the world. To live as the beloved child that I am. Hmmm...I think I'm onto to something here...maybe 2012 will just have a repeat theme...maybe that's a resolution for life? That's a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment